MEMBERSHIP GENERAL INFORMATION
Download the Membership Handbook
Download 2014-2015 School Year Membership Orientation Schedule
Download 2015 Summer Youth Orientation Schedule
Download 2014-2015 Before & After School Program Flyer
Download 2014-2015 Transportation Schedule
Download 2014 – 2015 Open/Close Schedule
Download 2015-2016 Open/Close Schedule
Click here to download the 2015 Summer Camp Program Guide
To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
FIVE CORE AREAS
- The Arts
- Education & Career
- Health & Life Skills
- Character & Leadership
- Sports, Fitness & Recreation
• The Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows follows the traditional school calendar set forth by Washoe County School District.
• Membership year runs from June 1—May 31.
• Membership forms must be completed annually.
• A parent/guardian must attend an orientation before children 6 – 12 may start the program.
• Teens may pick up an application from the Membership Office or their Site Coordinator.
• The orientation reviews policies, activities and answers any questions parents may have regarding our program and is required annually for parents/guardians.
• Orientations are conducted every Monday at Lemmon Valley, Tuesday at Neil Road (offered in Spanish) and Wednesday at Donald W. Reynolds Facility. All are held at 6PM.
• After May 31, members who have not renewed will not be able to attend the Club until orientation is completed.
GENERAL CLUB RULES
The Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows will keep the Club environment as safe and positive as possible for not only the members but also the staff. Please reference the Rules Handout for a complete list and make sure your child knows them when they attend the Club.
- Annual Membership Fee $20
- Replacement Cards $1
- Lanyard $3
- Convenience Fee (Visa/MasterCard) $1
- Weekly Break Fee (No pro-rate available) $40
- Field Trips, Sports Leagues Varies
- Before and After School Fees Varies
- Returned Check Fee $25
- Field Trip T-Shirt $5
*All fees must be paid the week prior for the member to be enrolled.
FIELD TRIPS, SPECIALTY CAMPS & CREDITS
• To attend field trips or specialty camps, members 6 – 12 must have their membership card and a field trip T-shirt.
• T-Shirts are color coded by site: DWR = Green; Neil Road & Fernley = Orange; All other sites = Yellow
• Lost shirts will not be replaced.
• For safety purposes, please do not write the member’s name on the shirt.
• Some field trips and specialty camps will require additional items such as waivers, towels, water bottles and sunscreen.
• Credits will be issued only if the child is not at the club due to an illness, family emergency, etc., however credits must be requested no later than the day of the event.
• Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows reserves the right to relocate the destination of a field trip without notice with an equal or lesser value.
• Field trips must be paid for the week prior for the member to attend. This allows Club to make adjustments for staffing ratios.
• NO child is ever turned away because of the inability to pay.
• Financial assistance is offered through the Children’s Cabinet or the Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows.
• Financial Aid packet must be filled out and turned in with required documents before it will be processed.
• Proof of income is required as well as Social Security numbers.
• Children can only be on one financial program at a time, and if you need to cancel service, a written request must be provided.
• Financial Aid year runs July 1—June 30.
• Parents/Guardians must apply yearly to qualify.
For more information about the Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows please call (775) 331-KIDS (5437).