A great place to volunteer, a great place to work
- Self Motivated Volunteer
- College Course Required Community Service
- Work Required Community Service
- High School Required Community Service
- Court Ordered Community Service for youth (18 years old & younger)
Note: Court Ordered Community Service Not Available for Adults (19 years old & older)
From playing guitar with the members of the Club to picking up trash at the Reno Tahoe Open, volunteer opportunities at the Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows are wide-ranged and full of fun! If you would like to make a difference in the lives and well being of our youth, you can do so by volunteering your time as a mentor and role model.
You may download our Volunteer Application here.
Self motivated volunteers and college course or work required community service persons interested in giving their time to the Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows are required to go through our screening process. This process will give you an idea of how the Club functions. It will also help us learn a little about you and your reasons for volunteering. The Boys & Girls Club is a youth agency. Members are aged 6 to 18, many of them looking at adults as role models. For this reason, we must make sure we have people of sound character. Prospective persons should follow the steps below:
- Read literature packet which explains the Boys & Girls Club mission statement, rules and policies, regulations, and programs.
- Fill out a volunteer application.
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation which is held at the main site, in the Donald W. Reynolds facility, located at 2680 E. 9th Street, Reno, NV 89512. Call (775) 331-5437 for times. You must bring your completed application with you.
- All prospective volunteers over the age of 18 will be fingerprinted as we must run a background check on all volunteers. At the Volunteer Orientation you will be given a form to give to the facility where you are to be fingerprinted. This is a no cost to you.
- Upon receipt of your background report (which takes about three weeks), and acceptance as a volunteer, the Volunteer Coordinator will call you to schedule a time for you to come in to get your shirt and badge.
- The Boys & Girls Club has 20 sites available for you to volunteer. Sites that need volunteers the most will be where the volunteer will be requested to work. At the time of your meeting with the Volunteer Coordinator a schedule will be designed for you. We will work to make a schedule that is suitable for both parties.
A different screening process applies to youth volunteers and Court ordered community service.
The Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows offers a variety of career opportunities for those interested in the professional areas of youth development, management and executive leadership. As a Club professional, you make a difference in the lives of children, while working in a stimulating and satisfying environment full of challenges and opportunities. Please call our human resources department at (775) 331-5437 for information about openings.
You may download our employee application here.
> Current employees, please click here for employee intranet. Contact your supervisor for password.