A great place to work and volunteer . . .
Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows, voted 2013 Best Places to work in Greater Reno-Tahoe, are accepting staff applicants for the 2014 Summer Camp Program. The following Club sites are open during summer: Neil Road (youth), Lemmon Valley (youth), Billinghurst (youth), DWR Facility (youth and teen center), Sun Valley (teen center), Larry D. Johnson (teen center), Fernley Intermediate School (youth and teen programs) and the Club’s new William N. Pennington Facility on Foster Drive in Reno. We start interviewing applicants in mid-April 2014. Individuals applying must be at least 18 years of age, willing to submit to a state and federal background check and drug screen. The programming staff positions will be offered schedules of 6 hours per day during the summer months beginning at 7:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. For more information about employment with the Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows please call Human Resources at (775) 360-2445.
Download our Employment Application here.
> Current employees, please click here for employee intranet. Contact your supervisor for password.
- Self Motivated Volunteer
- College Course Required Community Service
- Work Required Community Service
- High School Required Community Service
- Court Ordered Community Service for youth (under 18 years)
NOTE: Court Ordered Community Service is not available for adults (18 years or older).
From playing guitar with the members of the Club to picking up trash at the Reno Tahoe Open, volunteer opportunities at the Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows are wide-ranged and full of fun! If you would like to make a difference in the lives and well being of our youth, you can do so by volunteering your time as a mentor and role model.
You may download our Volunteer Application here.
August 2014 – Volunteer and Community Service Calendar
Self motivated volunteers and college course or work required community service persons interested in giving their time to the Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows are required to go through our screening process. This process will give you an idea of how the Club functions. It will also help us learn a little about you and your reasons for volunteering. The Boys & Girls Club is a youth agency. Members are aged 6 to 18, many of them looking at adults as role models. For this reason, we must make sure we have people of sound character. Prospective persons should follow the steps below:
- Complete volunteer application
- Attend volunteer orientation at the Donald W. Reynolds facility, 2680 East Ninth Street location on the first and third Thursday of every month at 5:00 p.m and the Pennington Facility, 1300 Foster Drive on the fourth Thursday at 5:00 p.m. (Note: For Community Service hours – Mandatory Community Service orientations are held weekly on Tuesdays at 5:00 p.m.
- All volunteers 18 and over are required to be fingerprinted, at no cost the them, at Fingerprinting Express in Reno.
- Volunteers will be provided with a tour of the Donald W. Reynolds facility location.
- Once the background check has been received, reviewed and cleared the Volunteer Coordinator will assign the volunteer based on their interests and schedule.
- We offer Court ordered community service opportunities at the Donald W. Reynolds facility for individuals under 18 years of age through the juvenile justice system.
A different screening process applies to youth volunteers and youth with court ordered community service.
For more information on volunteer opportunities at the Boys & Girls Club, contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Anne Studebaker at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at (775) 360-2449.