Family PLUS: Helping build stronger families in the Truckee Meadows
The Boys & Girls Club recently initiated our Family PLUS (Parents Leading, Uniting Serving) program to help provide support to families and empower them to fully participate in their children’s lives. Families are the primary influence for children and Family PLUS helps to provide a model that can connect parents with resources. There are five main components to the program. They include:
- Kinship Care to support extended family that are primary caregivers
- Father Involvement to increase the role of fathers in their children’s lives
- Economic Opportunity to empower families to increase their financial potential
- Outreach Strategies to reach under-served parents
- Family Advocacy Network for parents of youth in the Club’s SMART Moves program
> Click HERE to earn more about Family PLUS, monthly ALL PRO DAD events, and how you can get involved.