‘Tis the season for giving
Local attorney Gene Drakulich, pictured here with the 40 new winter coats his family donated, is one of the many generous Club supporters stepping up to help families this winter. Thanks to the generosity of the Northern Nevada Community, the Boys & Girls Club has been able to make the holiday season brighter for a lot of kids:
- 116 families will have a Christmas thanks to the Adopt-a-Family program.
- We’ve received more than $33,000 in donations – including several $1,000 and one $7,500 donation. All of this money goes straight holiday help.
- Renown Children’s Hospital donated more than 1,800 sweatshirts for kids.
- 40 children participated in a shopping spree at Kohl’s, while a dozen kids participated in the Shop With a Washoe County Sheriff program.
- More than 1,200 meals were served by Bully’s during the Paul Sonner Community Thanksgiving.
- More than 400 coats were distributed from the Hot August Nights Coat Drive.
- Dollar Tree donated more than 500 toys for Club holiday parties, while several Club board members reached into their own pockets to help buy toys for member holiday parties.
The holidays are just a highlight of the work we do all year. The Boys & Girls Club helps build great futures for more than 9,000 members at 19 sites in northern Nevada and has always operated with the philosophy of never turning a child away. This doesn’t happen without the generosity of our friends in the community, and for that we are thankful.